Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dancing When Your're Deaf. How Can That Be?





I am truly amazed at this girl's ability to dance when she can't even hear music. I wondered how this was possible and went investigating a little. There were lots of information. Apparently you don't have to be able to hear the music to feel it! I cannot relate to that but there are some amazing musicians who are performing and cannot hear a thing.


I looked closely at this video to try and find the assistive technology. The only thing I could see was the television in the background and a performer singing the song. The dancer had her back turned to the TV most times. I still don't know how she did it but she can bust moves that are very expressive and impressive. I have included a second video of a dance troupe who are all hearing impaired. Again, I looked for the assistive technology and couldn't see anything other than lights that scan over the dancers occassionally. I think that might be a cue to the performers to go to the next coreographed piece of the performance. Amazing!

Hope you enjoy. The first one is rather long but is a real testimonial to what can be accomplished when the spirit is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment